March Madness is over, and that can only mean one thing: the NBA 2K League draft is coming up! This is an exciting time for fans of the video game and basketball alike.
The NBA 2K League is a professional competitive gaming league co-founded by the NBA and Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. Games will be played in a five-on-five format where each player will take the form of a unique character.
This season will feature a $1 million dollar prize pool that will be spread out over the season and playoffs. The NBA 2K League will have a similar format to professional sports leagues. There will be head-to-head regular season matchups and a bracketed playoff system that will lead up to a championship matchup.
The draft took place Wednesday evening, here are the results:
- Mavs Gaming – Artreyo Boyd (Dimez)
- Celtics Crossover Gaming – Albano Thomallari (oFAB)
- Jazz Gaming – Shaka Browne (Yeah I Compete)
- Kings Guard Gaming – Mitchell Franklin (Mooty)
- Pistons GT – Ramo Radoncic (Lets Get It Ramo)
- Blazer5 Gaming – Dayne Downey (OneWildWalnut)
- Heat Check Gaming – Juan Gonzalez (Hotshot)
- Magic Gaming – Christopher Cantrell (KontruL)
- Knicks Gaming – Dayvon Curry (GOOFY757)
- Bucks Gaming – Aaron Rookwood (Drake Griffin)
- Raptors Uprising GC – Kenneth Hailey (Kenny)
- Wizards District Gaming – Johnathon Fields (Fresh Prince JT)
- Pacers Gaming – Bryant Colon (WoLF)
- 76ers GC – Ethan White (Radiant)
- Grizz Gaming – Larell Mitchell (Winner_Stayz_On)
- Cavs Legion GC – Brandon Caicedo (Hood is Glitchy)
- Warriors Gaming Squad – Trong Nguyen (Shawn_Win)
Best of luck to these gamers.